BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE HEART OF FINLAND BOOKING CENTRE
Suomen Keskusvaraamo Oy (service provider) is responsible for the operational activities of the Heart of Finland Booking Centre. The service provider complies with these booking conditions in its Keskusvaraamo services. These Booking Conditions become binding on both parties once the customer has made a booking.
**BOOKING AND TERMS OF PAYMENT**
- The person who makes the booking must be at least 21 years of age and assume responsibility for all members in their party.
- For unaccompanied minors, a written commitment from the guardian is required, which must be provided to the Service Provider at least 14 days before the start of the accommodation.
- After booking, the customer must make an advance payment.
The advance payment is 30% of the total price of the service.
A booking fee of 16 EUR will be charged in connection with the advance payment (handling costs).
* If the booking is made later than 28 days before the date on which the service begins, no advance payment is charged separately. In this case, the total cost of the service as well as the booking fee must be paid immediately according to the instructions.
- In connection with the invoice, the customer will receive a description of the property, as well as a map with instructions on how to obtain keys. With online bookings, the property description will be sent to the customer by email, and the customer will receive a map with driving directions to the apartment when collecting keys. The Service Provider will not send a separate email or confirmation for online bookings (the customer will receive the information in their email in connection with the booking).
- The customer will be required to present a payment receipt when collecting keys.
- An unpaid booking will not be considered a cancellation. Cancellations must be made directly to the Service Provider.
- If the customer has to cancel their booking, the customer must immediately notify the Service Provider of the cancellation.
- Cancellations must always be made in writing or in another appropriate manner to the address provided by the Service Provider.
- If the customer cancels the booking more than 28 days before the start of the service, the advance payment will be refunded to the customer (except for a 20 EUR cancellation fee and a 16 EUR booking fee).
- If the cancellation is made later than 28 days but no later than 14 days before the start of the service, the customer will be charged the full advance payment (30% of the total price of the service) and a 16 EUR booking fee.
- If the cancellation is made later than 14 before the start of the service or the customer fails to notify the Service Provider of the cancellation, the Service Provider has the right to charge the full price of the service.
- If a booking is cancelled before the start of the service due to a sudden illness, accident or death in the customer’s immediate family, the service fee will be refunded to the customer (excluding a 100 EUR handling fee and a 16 EUR booking fee). (In such cases, an application for a reimbursement of the service fee paid can be made through any travel insurance.)
* The customer must immediately notify the Service Provider of such cancellations and provide supporting evidence (e.g. medical certificate).
* If the cancellation is made after the start of the service, the customer is not entitled to a refund.
- If the customer changes the destination, service or date of the booking, it will be considered a new booking and a cancellation of the earlier booking.
- If the customer makes changes to their booking, the Service Provider is entitled to charge an additional fee of 50 EUR per booking.
**SERVICE PROVIDER’S RIGHT TO CANCEL A BOOKING**
- The Service Provider may cancel a booking in the event of a force majeure. The Service Provider must immediately notify the customer of such an event.
In such a case, the customer is entitled to a full refund of services paid.
Any costs incurred by the customer as a result of a force majeure event will not be reimbursed.
- The Service Provider has the right to cancel a booking if the customer fails to make the payment by the due date.
**HANDOVER OF KEYS**
- The customer can collect the keys to the holiday destination according to the instructions provided on the map.
- The Service Provider has the right to charge for the cost of a lost key.
**STAYING AT THE HOLIDAY DESTINATION**
- The accommodation is available at 2 p.m. on the day of arrival
(at 4 p.m. during summer season), and check-out is at noon on the day of departure.
- The rent includes free access to the property.
- The apartment is equipped with furniture, tableware, and bedding (duvets and pillows).
The price includes electricity for heating, lighting and cooking.
- The apartment is equipped with dishwashing liquid, two rolls of toilet paper, and sauna linens. Kitchen towels, baking paper and hand towels are not included in the price.
- The price does not include bed linens.
The customer can rent bed linens (incl. sheet, duvet cover, pillow cases and hand towels) from the Service Provider in connection with the booking (price: 15 EUR per person for delivered linens or 20 EUR per person for ready-made beds) or bring their own.
- If the customer has not used any bed linens, they will be charged the actual costs of laundering the duvets, pillows and mattresses (minimum charge 60 EUR).
- The customer is responsible for cleaning the apartment during the rental period and before departure. Cleaning instructions are provided in the Holiday Info folder available at the apartment.
- The customer can order a final cleaning (120 EUR per property).
Even if the customer has ordered a final cleaning, the apartment must be left in the same condition as it was upon arrival.
- The Service Provider has the right to charge a double cleaning fee for an uncleaned or inadequately cleaned apartment. The Service Provider is not responsible for any items left at the apartment.
**NUMBER OF GUESTS**
- The apartment must not be occupied by more people than the number of beds stated in the property description.
- Setting up a tent or parking a caravan or motor home on the property grounds is prohibited without permission.
- The customer must immediately notify the Service Provider of any defects concerning the service or the apartment.
This ensures that the defects can be repaired or compensated for as far as possible during the stay.
- If the customer fails to notify the Service Provider of the defects during the rental period, the customer will forfeit any right to a refund or compensation.
- If the issue cannot be resolved during the rental period, the customer may send a written complaint to the Service Provider within one week of the end of the rental period.
**DISTURBANCES AND INTERRUPTIONS**
- The Service Provider has the right to terminate the rental agreement with immediate effect if the customer does not, despite a warning, stop causing disturbance to the residents of the property or adjacent premises or otherwise violates the agreed housing rules.
The customer is liable for any costs resulting from the violation of such rules (e.g. security company expenses).
- The Service Provider will not be liable for any damage or expenses that may be caused to the customer by natural conditions, insects, ants, sudden weather changes, construction work in adjacent plots, or changes to the facilities or other changes made by the owner without the Service Provider’s knowledge, or problems caused by a third party (e.g. interruptions in water supply, electricity or TV network).
- The Service Provider will not be liable for any damage caused by a force majeure event or any other unforeseeable reason, which the Service Provider could not have prevented by the exercise of reasonable diligence.
- The Service Provider must immediately notify the customer of a force majeure event and make every effort to minimise the damage to the customer.
- The customer must comply with the instructions and regulations issued by the Service Provider concerning the use of the service. The customer is responsible for any damages they cause to the supplier or third parties.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that they possess the valid documentation required for using the service.
- If the customer does not use all the agreed services, or only uses part of them, the customer is not entitled to a price reduction or refund.
- The customer is liable for any damage they cause to the property or its contents. The damages must be paid directly to the property owner through the Service Provider.
**SMOKING AND PETS**
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area outside the building.
- Pets are not allowed unless otherwise indicated.
Guests with pets will be charged an additional cleaning fee of 35 EUR.
- The Service Provider is not responsible for any allergic reactions or other problems caused by unauthorised smoking or animal dust.
**OUTDOOR POOLS AND ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING ARE PROHIBITED**
- Due to the heavy consumption of water and firewood, all kinds of
outdoor hot tubs and swimming pools are prohibited at the holiday home premises.
They also cause disturbance to neighbours and draining the water causes erosion and slippery surfaces.
If the holiday home is equipped with an outdoor hot tub, this must be indicated in the property description. In such case, the utility fee will either be included in the rent or charged separately.
- Unauthorised use of an outdoor hot tub or swimming pool will result in a fine of 500 EUR.
- Electric vehicles may not be charged using the holiday home’s outlets!
The Heart of Finland Booking Centre is not responsible for printing errors or any changes made after printing. The Heart of Finland Booking Centre reserves the right to make changes to the prices.
Additional terms for online payment
Suomen Verkkomaksut is a company specialised in online payments and an Authorised Payment Institution licensed and regulated by the Financial Supervisory Authority of Finland.
Payments with Visa, Visa Electron or MasterCard
If you wish to pay with Visa, Visa Electron or MasterCard, the Heart of Finland Booking Centre will only act as the marketer of the products and services and deliver the products to the buyer.
Paytrail Oyj (2122839-7) acts as the payment broker and payment service provider in cooperation with Finnish banks and credit institutions.
Paytrail Oyj will appear as the recipient on the bank statement or credit card bill and will forward the payment to the merchant.
Paytrail Oyj is a licensed payment institution.
If you have a complaint, please contact the supplier first.
Paytrail Oyj, business ID: 2122839-7
40100 Jyväskylä, Finland
Tel. +358 207 181830
The online payment service is provided by
Paytrail Oyj (2122839-7) in cooperation with Finnish banks and credit institutions.
From the user’s perspective, the service works in a similar way to traditional online payment.